We are very happy to announce that we are releasing new binaries for YafaRay and the exporter for Blender 2.74, called 0.1.99 Beta 3. You can find more information and download links on this forum thread. Main changes from YafaRay 0.1.5 are:
- Fixes for Volumetrics.
- Fix for Volumetrics when using SPPM.
- New more powerful Clay Material render system.
- Fix for Inverted color when mapping Voronoi/Musgrave to diffuse color.
- Fix for Exception in yafaray-xml when using xstart/ystart different than zero.
- Fix for some cases where Normals were incorrectly calculated and showing black NaN areas.
- IMPORTANT: This beta2 includes an EXPERIMENTAL change to calculate automatically Shadow Bias and Minimum Ray Dist depending on the scene size. This is to avoid black artifacts when resizing the objects. However as it's a fundamental change that affects everything, perhaps some new artifacts could appear in the images now and further fine tuning needed in this new formula. Please give us feedback about it in the forum.
- Now it works with the latest development builds of Blender (2.74.5). Blender made a change that caused black renders but thanks to Jens Verwiebe that's fixed!
- Extended Texture Mapping system.